Typically the Canadian insurance market has avoided rating and capacity volatility, but we are hearing that this has changed recently through a series of domestic consolidations and adverse results. Miller are committed to providing solutions for local businesses and protecting livelihoods during this challenging time.
- Lloyd’s is the largest writer of P&C business in the country.
- Canada accounted for 7.4% of Lloyd’s total premium in 2020 (Canada CAD 4,354m).
- There are currently 447 Coverholders and 273 Open Market Correspondents in Canada.
International teams at the ready
With tough market conditions locally, Miller can deploy large teams of international brokers in all key classes. This includes access to long established facilities which can help provide capacity and terms quickly. We work with like-minded Canadian intermediary partners to provide instant reinforcements from our strong and stable platform.
Some examples of where we won for our clients in 2020:
- A product performance guarantee for a large solar company in Toronto.
- General liability placement for a Canadian gymnastics organisation.
- Property physical damage for a coal mine plus Contractors’ Plant and Equipment coverage for the mine’s equipment.
Miller Canadian property revenue grew 200% in 2020, and Miler Canadian casualty revenue grew 240%!
Teams from across our business are collaborating in Canada each and every day.
Canada contact card
At Miller we go beyond just broking, offering our North American clients a range of additional services including in house analytics and claims services, London based training and education, research and joint prospecting, targeted literature to help them win business and much more.
If you have a challenge that needs solving, get in touch today.