Placing a variety of accounts into Lloyd’s and the London market, we provide innovative and integrated solutions for both port and terminal operators, and ancillary service providers operating in the marine sector.
Our experienced and highly knowledgeable team understand the complex insurance needs of the ports and terminals industry, and proactively create new solutions and services. Every policy is tailored to match the unique characteristics of each operation.
We also recognise that exposures evolve throughout a port and terminal’s life cycle and therefore take a long-term view to risk, working with clients throughout their policy period to ensure that the optimum coverage is in place at all times.
Operating both directly with clients and through intermediaries, we arrange programmes which can include the following:
- Physical loss or damage to property and handling equipment (including machinery breakdown)
- Business interruption / trade disruption
- Hull and P&I for port vessels
- Broad liability including care, custody and control
- Third party legal and contractual liability
- Marine impact / port blockage
- Removal of wreck
- Seepage & pollution / environmental
- Political risks / kidnap and ransom
- Any site specific risks, e.g. real estate or wind turbine developments
- Other operational risks e.g. employers’ liability, auto liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, etc
"Our experienced and highly knowledgeable team understand the complex insurance needs of the ports and terminals industry, and proactively create new solutions and services."
Marine related property insurance
Following recognition that a number of our clients require solutions for marine related property risks, we have developed the range of coverage we can place.
- Buildings & warehouses
- Business personal property
- Docks, berths, slips, piers, wharfs, jetties, dolphins and seawalls
- Tank farms, mooring buoys, dock to tank pipelines
- Handling equipment, including but not limited to cranes and forklifts
- All catastrophe perils (earthquake, named windstorm, flood)
- All risk perils
- Business interruption, increased cost of working and extra expense
- Liability perils
- Full value policies
- First loss
- Peril specific (e.g. Earthquake only)
- Deductible buy back
- Package policies property, business interruption and liability
Market-leading claims service
We never overlook the importance of a prompt and helpful claims service and the peace of mind this can offer. As a result, we have built one of the strongest claims teams in the industry, where our marine claims specialists sit alongside our placing brokers and technical teams for maximum efficiency.