Cost-effective and reliable professional indemnity insurance designed for your firm.
With exclusive market-leading facilities and direct access to a broad range of A-rated insurers, our team of impartial professional indemnity insurance specialists work hard on your behalf to tailor competitively priced cover that’s right for you.
Solutions to match your firm
Why over 1,200 law firms trust Miller with their insurance needs
- A prompt, professional and personal approach - our service is the top reason our clients renew with us year-after-year
- Specialist expertise and coverage solutions for all your professional and financial risks - PI, D&O, Cyber and Crime
- Exclusive market-leading facilities and direct access to a broad range of A-rated PI insurers - securing competitive terms is the second reason
- 30+ strong team of PII specialists, experienced in both hard and soft market cycles - we have the knowledge to get you the cover you deserve
- In-house risk management support and guidance - a key part of our offering
- Fully integrated claims team with qualified lawyers - we’re ready to fight your corner
- Covering all your insurance needs in one place - After the Event solutions and personal lines for high net worth individuals
- Regular legal risk and compliance focused insights - delivered straight to your inbox
some of OUR markets
What our clients say...
Miller has time and time again competed head and shoulders above all others in terms of price and quality of service by paying considerable attention to my firm’s needs as a small business, almost as if I was a Fortune 500 company.
I’ve been impressed with the service and attention I received throughout the renewal process. One thing that sets Miller apart is the remarkably open and honest advice – and what’s even more important, is the great result you have achieved, with the minimum of input from us.
We’re here to help
Our team of insurance specialists work hard on your behalf to tailor cost-effective cover that’s right for your firm.
Ed PickardHead of UK & International Professional & Financial Risks
Zarina LawleyHead of Solicitors
Zarina leads Miller’s Solicitors' Professional Indemnity (PI) team and specialises in PI and cyber insurance for law firms of all sizes.
What does solicitors’ professional indemnity insurance cover?
Solicitors' professional indemnity insurance covers claims made against you by a client or third party that alleges negligence, a breach of trust or confidentiality, or defamation. The policy covers the cost of any damages awarded, claimants’ costs and the costs of defending the claim.
Is solicitors’ professional indemnity insurance a legal requirement?
Yes. Solicitors’ professional indemnity insurance became compulsory for all law firms following the introduction of the Solicitors Act 1072, which intends to protect the public and to uphold the reputation of the profession.
Why do I need a professional indemnity insurance broker?
A good insurance broker is able to assess which insurers cover your type and size of law firm, their relative financial strengths and their attitude and approach to paying claims. They’ll also be able to advise you on risk management measures that could lower your premium in future.
Some brokers don’t have direct access to insurers or are tied to a single insurer. We recommend you select a broker that can approach a broad range of insurers directly to obtain the most appropriate terms for your firm.
How does the renewal process for professional indemnity insurance work?
The renewal should be straightforward. It begins with a formal invitation from your broker for you to submit an up-to-date proposal form for renewal, normally 90 days prior to renewal but no later than 60 days before renewal.
You also have the option to benchmark the quote they give you against terms that other brokers are able to obtain. You can request an indicative quote from Miller by selecting the link above and completing a simple form.