We have a fantastic opportunity for a Cashier to join our finance teams. As a Cashier, you will be responsible for banking all IBA incoming receipts, preparing all outgoing IBA payment instruments and maintaining IBA cash books on Twins and provide day to day support to the Client Money Team.
Miller are a specialist (re)insurance broking partnership, with over 100 year history.
We always strive to be the best. That is why we focus on specialist areas where we have built up technical sector knowledge and have become a recognised leader in out chosen fields.
We are headquartered in London, with further offices in Ipswich, Bermuda, Brussels, Paris, Singapore and Switzerland.
As cashier you will be responsible for banking all IBA incoming receipts, preparing all outgoing IBA payment instruments and maintaining IBA cash books on Twins and provide day to day support to the Client Money Team.
- Cashiers tasks; enter receipts into the OpenTWINS accounts system, prepare daily cash sheets on bank account balances, process payment requisitions onto intenet banking platforms, raise queries with the banks, prepare bank reconciliations, upload journals.
- General Administration tasks including filing/archiving.
- Perform assigned responsibilities as delegated by more senior members of the team
- Maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external clients
- Adhere to and meet fully the expectations of Miller, as set out in its policies and procedures, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls. Our policies and procedures are written to encapsulate the compliance, legal and financial crime related legislation and regulations which apply to Miller.
- Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role at Miller, such as Lloyd’s byelaws and FCA rules.
- Promote Miller brand and values to enhance Miller’s reputation in the market
Experience and knowledge
- Office work experience preferred, Data Processing, used to dealing with time pressured high-volume workloads
- Ability to work to deadline and with accuracy
On top of a competitive salary we offer a fantastic benefits package including:
- 10% pension contribution from Miller. In addition, Miller will match any employee contributions up to 5%.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Medicare cash plan
- Minimum of 25 days annual leave (with flexibility to buy or sell)
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Critical Illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area these please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.