Miller’s North American Professional Risks team are looking for an individual with previous experience in broking US professional lines, with knowledge of Professional Liability, Management Liability and Cyber highly desirable.
The role will report into the Head of North American Professional Risks, and will provide prompt, accurate and effective broking and account management directly to clients and the business unit.
- A dynamic professional team of Brokers and Account Handlers
- A successful business team
- Home working opportunities
- Understand the clients’ business and risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Keep track of impending renewals, gathering renewal information in good time to enable terms to be obtained and firm orders placed
- Preparation of market documentation in accordance with clients and market needs
- Negotiate with London and overseas markets to place insurance risks in accordance with the clients needs, as required
- Advise clients on the selection of insurers and solutions available, as appropriate
- Work closely and maintain relationships with key market contacts, as required
- Support the creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
- Accurate and timely production of client documentation (Market Reform Contracts, Evidence of Cover, Policies etc)
- Ensure that market documentation is closed in a timely manner, making particular note of Premium Payment Warranty provisions and contract certainty deadlines and diarising as appropriate
- Liaise with technical teams to assist the delivery and processing of insurance placements
- Maintain accurate and concise placing files, using the corporate document management system
- Liaise with compliance to ensure all procedures are followed
- Ensure accurate and timely input of data in all applicable systems
- Grow existing portfolio by identifying new, and/or existing opportunities and participate in cross selling across Miller (where applicable)
- Perform quality control checks on all documentation
- Degree education desirable
- Experience in broking US professional lines essential
- Experience of dealing with US based wholesale and/or retail agents essential
- Knowledge of Architects and Engineers, Contractors Professional and Pollution Liability desirable
- Knowledge of US cyber liability desirable
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.