We have a fantastic opportunity for an account handler to join. This role will provide prompt, accurate and effective account management support directly to clients and business unit.
Miller are a specialist (re)insurance broking partnership, with over 100 year history.
We always strive to be the best. That is why we focus on specialist areas where we have built up technical sector knowledge and have become a recognised leader in out chosen fields.
We are headquartered in London, with further offices in Ipswich, Bermuda, Brussels, Paris, Singapore and Switzerland.
- Understand the clients’ business and risk management needs and support the delivery of those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Keep track of impending renewals, gathering renewal information in good time to enable terms to be obtained and firm orders placed
- Preparation of market documentation in accordance with clients and market needs
- Support the creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
- Accurate and timely production of client documentation (Market Reform Contracts, Evidence of Cover, Policies etc)
- Ensure that market documentation is closed in a timely manner, making particular note of Premium Payment Warranty provisions and contract certainty deadlines and diarising as appropriate
- Liaise with technical teams to assist the delivery and processing of insurance placements
- Maintain accurate and concise placing files, using corporate document management system
- Liaise with compliance to ensure all procedures are followed
- Accurate and timely input of data in all applicable systems
- Perform quality control checks on all documentation
- Grow existing portfolio by identifying new, and/or existing opportunities and participate in cross selling across Miller (where applicable)
- Adhere to and meet fully the expectations of Miller, as set out in its policies and procedures, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls. Our policies and procedures are written to encapsulate the compliance, legal and financial crime related legislation and regulations which apply to Miller.
- Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role at Miller, such as Lloyd’s byelaws and FCA rules.
- Promote Miller brand and values to enhance Miller’s reputation in the market
- A Levels, or equivalent
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Able to pay close attention to detail
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm to succeed
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Results and service driven
- A team player
- Excellent knowledge of common IT systems, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel - and able to grasp new systems quickly
- Flexible and adaptable
- Organised and clear thinking
- Hard working and committed
- Skilled at influencing and negotiating
- Experience in demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Experience in a client or customer facing role, and of delivering excellent service with strong written and verbal communication
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area these please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.