We work with sports professionals at all levels from young pros to established internationals, tailoring cost-effective personal accident and illness insurance that provides long-term financial protection.
What our clients say
Jack Clifford, former England and Harlequins rugby player
Jack Clifford talks about his career ending injury▶ 4:00
Carl Ikeme, former professional footballer at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Carl Ikeme talks about his career ending insurance claim▶ 3:03
Career ending insurance cover
Whilst the risk of injury and illness may be unavoidable, its financial impact can be significantly mitigated with the proper planning and the correct cover.
Triggered by a career ending injury or illness, Miller’s policy pays a tax-free lump sum benefit based on the value insured which is agreed at inception and usually based on value and length of a player's contract.
Additional benefits include:
- Club and international matches – Coverage protects players anywhere globally, including when away on international duty, on and off the pitch.
- Minimal medical exclusions – We ensure minimal medical exclusions are applied to our clients’ policies.
- 24-month claim notification period – A policy can respond at any point within 24 months of an injury occurring or when an illness manifested itself.
- No rehabilitation clause – Some non-Miller policies include a disadvantageous rehabilitation clause, which stops claims once a player has played a certain number of games after an injury or illness.
- Retraining fund – Up to £25,000 contribution made towards a player’s vocational education training expenses for another occupation.
The importance of cover
A player’s contract determines how long their club is obliged to pay their salary after they sustain a serious or career ending injury. This timeframe is governed by the contract and a country’s legislation, which varies from one country to another.
If the worst happens to a player, their club can terminate their contract and in some cases stop paying their salary after six months.
Having a personal accident & illness policy can therefore safeguard a player’s financial future should the unthinkable happen.
Personal accident downloads
Call our team
+44 (0) 7712 592 606
Lines open Mon-Fri, 09:00-17:30