At Miller, we recognise how diversity brings benefits to our people, our clients and our business. To foster greater diversity, we need an inclusive, open and supportive working environment where everyone is valued, respected and able to meet their full potential.
This is at the heart of Miller and reinforced by our values: we do the right thing, deliver on our promises and work as one team.
“We want Miller to be a place where people feel confident to be themselves and for our employees and partners to be representative of the diversity of London, our clients and the international markets in which we operate.” ~ Miller CEO, Greg Collins
Back in 2015, Miller signed up to the Inclusion@Lloyd’s charter, a public commitment to promote diversity and inclusion within the Lloyd’s market.
The following year, we formed our Inclusion@Miller Committee, whose purpose is to formulate and execute our inclusion and diversity strategy, drive our identified core priorities and ensure an ongoing focus on fostering greater diversity and inclusion within Miller.
In 2019, we also launched our three Inclusion Alliances – Culture, Pride and Gender Equality. Sitting at the centre of Inclusion@Miller’s work, our Alliances are formed of volunteers from across our business who wish to drive momentum for future progress.
Our Inclusion Committee is chaired by Tim Press, and comprises of representatives from each of our Alliances and Chief Human Resources Officer, Natacha Craven.
Find out more about each of our Alliances:
Our pledges and network memberships
Key themes across our Alliance work and inclusion and diversity strategy include:
- Culture: Fostering an inclusive environment where everyone can feel comfortable to be open and authentic at work.
- Data & reporting: Having complete and up-to-date data to better understand Miller’s position and measure progress.
- Safe spaces: Providing safe spaces and outposts for our people to ask questions and open dialogue.
- Education and training: Bridging understanding gaps and equipping people to tackle difficult conversations if required.
- Career development support: Delivering initiatives to support our underrepresented talent to progress their career with us, including tailored accelerated development programmes for early-mid career and emerging leaders, mentoring and sponsorship.
- Policies: Ensuring our policies are inclusive and considerate of all.
- Role models: Representation at higher positions in the company and stories of career development
- Communities / networks: Bringing people together, raising awareness and encouraging allyship.
For a detailed overview of ESG at Miller, please read our ESG Overview