Cover designed specifically for solicitors operating on a self-employed basis.
If you are a solicitor looking to become freelance, we can act as your trusted partner to help you navigate your risk and insurance requirements.
Do freelance solicitors need professional indemnity insurance?
Yes. The Solicitors Regulation Authority’s guidance sets out that in order to provide legal services, you must “take out and maintain indemnity insurance that provides adequate and appropriate cover in respect of the services that you provide or have provided (including both reserved and unreserved legal services).”
Freelance Solicitors Professional Indemnity Insurance from Miller
Following the SRA’s reforms, we worked closely with Axis to develop an exclusive insurance product that provides freelance solicitors with the confidence they need to go solo. We are passionate about supporting the legal sector, from big to small, so are proud to be one of the very few providers of cover to freelancers.
Why choose Miller for your Freelance Solicitors PII?
- Dedicated Solicitors’ PII team with an established book of freelance clients
- Ability to provide either an aggregate or any one claim limit of indemnity
- We offer number of limit options to suit all individual needs
- Access to an 'A-rated' insurer
- Claims and risk management support