Crime insurance protects a company against theft, fraud and dishonesty committed internally and/or externally.
It provides cover for:
- Computer crimes
- Counterfeit or forgery
- Monetary theft or fraud committed by an employee
- Monetary theft or fraud committed by a third party
- Fraudulent alteration.
On top of the cover provided, most policies have access to investigative experts in the event of an incident, who assist in:
- Establishing the size of the loss
- Determining the cause of the loss
- Preventative measures against future incidents.