With growing expectations on today’s C-Suite to provide greater certainty around their company’s income statement and cash flow forecasting, many organisations are turning to innovative risk transfer products to manage financial volatility and protect market cap.
These include non-damage business interruption, parametric protection and reputational risk insurance.
Non-damage business interruption (NDBI)
We structure bespoke NDBI covers that respond to business interruption losses previously considered uninsurable. Our clients are insured for lost revenues and increased costs from non-damage events with a wide range of triggers.
Given the broad scope, we will consider a wide range of industries, however we target the following:
- Hotels and attractions
- Transportation including airlines, rail operators and ferry companies, etc.
- Regulated companies at risk of operational shut down, e.g. food production and pharma
- Supply chain reliant companies, e.g. manufacturers and exporters
“Our collaborative approach in understanding your business risks and our longstanding relationships with key markets makes the potentially complex simple, quantifiable and insurable.”
We arrange tailored parametric insurance solutions using simple, independently verifiable triggers and settlement structures.
Whilst weather-based parametric covers are the most common, with an estimated 3 in 4 companies frequently impacted financially by adverse weather, this form of insurance has a wide range of applications:
- Natural catastrophes - cyclone, earthquake, wildfire protection and more
- Energy - temperature, solar radiation, wind protection, power outage protection and more
- Construction - temperature protection and more
- Transport - water level, rainfall protection and more
- Food - frost, drought, yield protection, market indices protection and more
We work with insurers to set thresholds that align with a client's own business continuity plan and risk tolerance.
Reputational risk insurance
With the growth of 24-hour news services and the public’s seemingly insatiable appetite for headlines, combined with today’s hyper-connected world dominated by mobile devices and social media, the threat of damage to a company’s most valuable intangible asset – its reputation – has never been more tangible.
Miller arranged cover provides quick liquidity and crisis management costs following a reputational event. This insurance also helps businesses to manage financial volatility, demonstrate a robust approach to reputational risk management and transfers financial risks previously considered uninsurable.
Sectors we work with include:
- Food & Beverage, restaurant and fast-food chains
- Entertainment and sports
- Sharing economy
- Retail including fashion, luxury goods, cosmetics and toys
Miller’s claims expertise
Actuarial and analytics
Our actuarial and analytics team have in depth experience in modelling bespoke insurance structures based on the unique financial characteristics of our clients. In doing so we can influence underwriter assumptions to achieve a lower price.