With start of this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed just one week away, we are pleased to bring you a fascinating article from our friends at Bonhams.
This article looks back at the top classic car lots sold over the years and some of the record-breaking figures achieved!
Bonhams is a privately owned international auction house established over 200 years ago. They hold over 400 specialist sales annually in 60 different categories across the globe.
High value car sales:
- The Ex-Juan Manuel Fangio, Hans Herrmann, Karl Kling, German and Swiss Grand Prix Winning1954 Mercedes-Benz W196R Formula 1 Racing Single-Seater
- Achieved a record-breaking figure of £19,601,500.
- 1954 Ferrari 4.9-Litre 375-Plus Sports-Racing Two-Seat Spider Competizione
- Fetched £10.7 million at auction.
- 1935 Aston Martin Works Ulster 'LM19' Mille Miglia, RAC Tourist Trophy, French Grand Prix, Le Mans 24-Hours Competition Sports Two-Seater
- Sold for £2,913,500 at the Festival of Speed Sale