Miller is committed to being a socially responsible global insurance broker which delivers positive impacts for our employees, clients and the communities in which we are based.
Our areas of focus
Inclusion and diversity
At Miller, we recognise how diversity brings benefits to our people, our clients and our business. Our Inclusion@Miller committee execute our diversity and inclusion strategy, drive our identified core priorities and ensure an ongoing focus on fostering greater diversity and inclusion within Miller.
Miller matches fundraising undertaken by a member of staff on behalf of their chosen charity. From marathons and epic bike rides to moustache growing and coffee mornings, Miller provide their support no matter what the challenge or charity.
Miller support schools in the local community by offering work experience opportunities each year and through employee volunteering.
Sustainability and environment
We look for opportunities to minimise Miller’s impact on the environment and energy costs. For example, our London office has a Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) rating of excellent, collects, cleans and recycles rain water for washroom purposes, and has a green roof with its very own bat box.
Miller London also joined the Square Mile Challenge in 2017 and have since collected tens of thousands of disposable coffee cups for recycling.
We look for opportunities to minimise Miller’s impact on the environment and energy costs.
We support appeals from organisations such as schools, sports teams and community centres, where a member of staff is an active supporter.
Miller people all have the opportunity to use one day each year to undertake some community, charity or fundraising activity.
We have carefully selected our partner charities to reflect the local community in which Miller operates. We have longstanding relationships with all of our partner charities and support the work they undertake and the causes they represent.
- St Joseph's Hospice help to improve the quality of life for people with life-limiting conditions and help them live life to the full, to the very end. Supporting families and carers is also an important part of what they do. Visit website.
- Panathlon provide mini-paralympic sports competitions for young disabled people and children with special educational needs. Miller support the Panathlon’s work in the East End and on the edge of the City. Visit website.
- St Mungo’s Hospice is a homeless charity that provides a bed and support to more than 2,600 people a night who are either homeless or at risk, and work to end homelessness and rebuild lives. Visit website.
- Richard House Hospice provides care and support to families that have children and young people with life limiting or life threatening conditions. Visit website.
- Good Shepherd Mission are a welcoming church community based in Tower Hamlets. Visit website.
- RedR UK provides training and technical support to NGOs, aid workers and communities responding to natural and man-made disasters all over the world. Visit website.