Diamonds are often the most valuable part of a piece of jewellery. Make sure these precious stones are properly protected
While most of your jewellery may be kept in a safe the majority of the time, it’s not unusual for diamond engagement rings to be worn every day. They are unlikely to be fully covered by your Household insurance, but we can provide expert advice on how best to insure your diamonds and diamond Jewellery.
We can also advise on how to store and protect your Diamonds, and on having them valued to make sure your cover is sufficient to respond in the event of any loss.
“It’s important to fully understand all the terms included when insuring diamonds. For example, you may need to have the stones and settings regularly checked to make sure there is no risk of the stone coming loose and being lost.”
- Can be covered worldwide, in a safe, or in a bank or safety deposit. This means your premiums will reflect how you keep and use your Jewellery.
- We arrange to cover diamonds and diamond jewellery on an agreed value basis, to ensure transparent cover and claims settlement.
- Floating limits, making it easier for you to wear the pieces you want to, without having to insure your whole collection to be out of a safe at the same time.
Benefits of diamond insurance with Miller
- Pairs and sets can be replaced together, so you don’t have to worry about getting exact replicas made if one item in a set is lost or damaged.
- Smaller items can be combined into an unspecified sum insured.
- Insurance can include cover for loss in value if you have to repair an item, and doing so reduces its value.