At Miller, creativity is at the heart of what we do. We ensure that we utilise the latest technologies, product innovation and work with external companies where possible, to bring our clients the best service we can provide.
We have shared some examples below. The first two are examples of our clients' own leading edge positioning:
- Lloyd’s coverholder providing a unique parametric flood product for commercial entities.
- Founded by parametric and catastrophe modelling experts, involved in structuring parametric flood coverage for the New York Metropolitan Transport Authority post Hurricane Sandy.
- High resolution catastrophe models, low cost IoT sensor and a proven pricing algorithm helps achieve aim of democratising access to effective and affordable parametric flood coverage.
- Rapid payout following event – fastest claim paid in 9hrs 44 minutes!
- Flexible application of product – can be used to cover uninsured BI, fund flood deductibles and top up traditional / NFIP flood coverage.
- Exponential growth in written premiums in UK book since launch in 2018.
- Now live in the US, available to retail and wholesale broker channels. Mass rollout in Q3 2021.
Steel City Re
- Steel City Re created and remain the exclusive provider of parametric reputation risk insurances and advisory services using a risk management framework informed by behavioural economics.
- They inform their clients on managing their reputation and providing access to parametric reputational risk transfer options.
- The unique metrics mechanism is compliant with insurance regulators and allows their clients to utilise captives to assist with self-funding of the reputational risk.
- Increased risk capital capacity then becomes available from specialist carriers that gain comfort that the policyholder is retaining risk and has advisory services available.
- ESG matters in general and reputation risk management specifically affects bond ratings, equity allocation decisions, and proxy voting decisions. Managing reputation risk is a path to value creation – Steel City Re can support and assist.
For more information on both of the above, please contact Ben Gibbons.
Exari - Miller’s proprietary quote and placing system
A specialist approach to risk is not confined to technical insurance or risk management knowledge. It can also apply to devising specialist and creative responses to logistical challenges bringing efficient services to the benefit of clients. In this case terrorism where our team handle thousands of submissions, policies and endorsements.
Miller’s proprietary quote and placing system allows for automated quotations and document assembly. It facilitates the generation of the following documentation:
- Client quote sheet
- Client Declaration
- Underwriters Declaration
- Endorsements and automated Debit Notes
This software enables Miller to handle large volumes of business in an efficient and timely manner.
For more information, please contact Lauren Gray
Freight brokers – as digitalisation takes on ever more applications, so the world of commerce evolves to adopt and embrace the advantages. Freight brokers is a good case in point and we are pleased that we have evolved with them to provide coverage that matches the changing risk profile.
For more information contact Jake Jauncey.
Sexual Molestation Liability (SML) – anticipating that this would become an increasingly challenging line of coverage, our team established a new facility several years ago. From that foundation, as the Casualty market continues to tighten and restrict coverage, so our product and service offering has become increasingly valuable to clients enabling them to purchase on a standalone basis.
For more information contact Charles Carr.
Strikes Riots & Civil Commotion (SR&CC) – observing the dramatic events that occurred in Chile and the US our Terrorism team identified that SR&CC coverage could become an increasing issue for some policyholders as carriers as they seek to manage their aggregate exposures. As this has occurred we have been ready and waiting arranging specific standalone carve outs, top ups and gap infill coverage for clients.
For more information contact David Eliot.
Manufacturers’ E&O – changing trends in contractual obligations has seen an increase in demand for evidence of Manufacturers E&O insurance. Our team spotted this trend and established specific and exclusive coverage to provide standalone options for clients. Demand has been steadily increasing and we can combine with Architects/Design Build and or Contractors E&O.
For more information contact Martin Pipe.
Esports – this has become an increasingly popular entertainment for larger audiences and expanding professional sports teams. As a leading sports broker we are developing coverage specific to this activity.
For more information contact Alex Mendis.