We have an exciting new opportunity for a Solution Architect to join the Miller technology, data & innovation team at a perfect time and help us build a scaleable technology and data platform that enables smarter, faster, better broking.
Our current focus is enhancing the capabilities Miller provides to its clients, as well as delivering new internal capabilities to increase automation and efficiency and enable greater data-driven decision making to help us achieve our ambitious goals for the years ahead, whilst fulfilling our purpose of protecting our clients world.
This role will report directly into the CIO and be part of the newly formed Office of the CIO; (OCIO). Advising senior leadership on the strategic technical vision, designing complex solutions and governing initiatives to ensure alignment with the overall Technology strategy. Responsible for the solution architecture, architecture governance and technology selection ensuring we build out a scalable, reusable application architecture.
There is also an opportunity to build out a small architecture function and move into a enterprise architecture role in the medium term.
Application Portfolio Roadmap:
- Collaborate with Business and IT partners to refine the Application Portfolio Roadmap, exploring enablers, technical options, and cost optimization opportunities.
- Technology Selection:
- Play a key leadership role in the research, evaluation, and selection of new technologies ensuring alignment with business strategy and IT goals.
- Rationalize options with qualitative and quantitative analysis and document proposals for adoption, based on objectives, investments, benefits and risks.
- Lead and drive Proof of Concepts, technology deep-dives.
- Align business and technical requirements amongst project members.
- Create Solution Designs that adhere to IT strategy, enable the business requirements and meet the projects quality attributes (eg: Availability, Scalability, Recoverability, Performance characteristics).
- Advise and assist development/operations teams throughout the project’s lifecycle, for example with technical roadblocks such as performance issues.
- Lead and enable Architecture review boards, evaluating the overall technical state of a project and ensuring alignment with IT Strategy and standards coupled with decision clarity and traceability.
- Maintain architectural logs and facilitate technical debt discovery and remediation.
- Create and maintain documentation related to architectural standards, best practices, and patterns to drive innovation and work on increasing adoption of these accelerators within the enterprise.
- Adhere to and meet fully the expectations of Miller, as set out in its policies and procedures, best practise, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls. Our policies and procedures are written to encapsulate the compliance, legal and financial crime related legislation and regulations which apply to Miller.
- Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role at Miller, such as Lloyd’s byelaws and FCA rules.
- Promote Miller brand and values to enhance Miller’s reputation in the market
- Togaf/Archimate certification (desirable)
- Azure Solutions Architect certification (desirable)
- Salesforce technical architect certification (desirable)
- Mulesoft Certified Integration Architect (desirable)
Insurance domain related experience as Solution/Lead Architect:
- Leading organizations through change initiatives
- Creating valuable solutions and governing the architectural landscape in large scale enterprises.
- Interacting and managing relationships with C-Level stakeholders
- Managing 3rd party vendors
Well versed with:
- Monolithic/Microservice oriented architectures
- SOA/Event Driven integration patterns
- Large scale implementations of COTS Products, preferably including Salesforce implementations using Mulesoft as integration layer
Development background, preferably focused on Microsoft programming languages
Familiarity with building Cloud based solutions, preferably on Azure
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area these please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.