We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the technology team. We are looking for an experienced Service Desk professional to provide high quality support of the IT services and to plan and implement the optimisation of the Miller IT infrastructure for cost, performance, capacity and availability.
- Support, maintain, document, develop, and provide management information on the responsibilities allocated to you as defined in the Service Responsibilities Matrix with a goal of maximising performance, availability and system integrity
- Work with the Owner of the service to support and maintain services that you may have a level of responsibility for, and carry out tasks as assigned by the Owner when required
- Provide other support and assistance (to any other member of the team, as well as IT & Miller staff) as required that may be outside of your allocated responsibilities should this be necessary
- Deal effectively and efficiently with work requests assigned to you (including support calls and other tasks that fall within your remit) by taking ownership throughout, ensuring appropriate and timely responses and resolutions are achieved in order to minimise adverse business impact
- To play an active role in the process of Change Management as it relates to IT & the Support Team (and your allocated responsibilities), with an emphasis on the identification of risk and its impact on the business
- Identify potential improvements to the IT Support provision, and implement these improvements when requested
- Ensure that the equipment supported is legally compliant (e.g. software licenses) and raise with the Service Desk Manager if not
- To acquire and maintain a detailed understanding of customer requirements as a means of identifying potential service problems and of providing excellent customer service
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with Miller general and IT specific procedures and best practice recommendations
- Adhere to and meet fully the expectations of Miller, as set out in its policies and procedures, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls. Our policies and procedures are written to encapsulate the compliance, legal and financial crime related legislation and regulations which apply to Miller
- Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role at Miller, such as Lloyd’s byelaws and FCA rules
- Promote Miller brand and values to enhance Miller’s reputation in the market
Experience of working with Office365 / Azure / Windows 10/11 / iPhones
Experience of working within Financial Services (preferred but not essential)
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area these please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.