We are looking to recruit a Risk Manager in the Management Services business unit.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Head of Risk and Compliance to safeguard Miller, its clients, reputation, assets and the interests of all stakeholders by identifying and managing all threats to the achievement of its business objectives.
The role will involve:
- Maintaining the risk management framework and associated processes, including:
- Managing the process for identifying and assessing the risks and controls affecting the business
- Maintaining a database of group risks and controls
- Conducting regular and ad-hoc risk assessments with business units, functions and overseas entities
- Production of regular risk reporting, internally and externally
- Conducting ad-hoc risk assessments with business units, functions and overseas entities
- Managing the risk appetite framework
- Managing the process for the ongoing assessment of the adequacy of the organisation’s financial and non-financial resources
- Maintaining and managing the risk assessment software
- Assisting the Head of Risk and Compliance with the development of the risk management framework to ensure it remains fit-for-purpose
- Assisting the Head of Risk and Compliance in the development risk management policies and methodologies
- Promoting risk management and interface with the business to provide guidance and consultation
- A professional qualification in insurance, accountancy, audit, risk management or compliance (desirable)
- Knowledge of risk management techniques including risk and control assessment, risk appetite, key risk indicators and scenario analysis; and/or,
- Knowledge of insurance broking operations and procedures.
- Significant experience in working in insurance broking and/or risk management preferable.
- Experienced in producing reports using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Confident in self-managing workload in order to meet regular deadlines and arrive at accurate decisions, largely unsupervised, in a timely manner.
- Previous roles to have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, allowing you to interact with individuals across all seniority levels, and have experience in being able to influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and inform senior stakeholders.