Miller’s Risk and Compliance team are looking for a Compliance Officer with previous compliance experience to join in a role with a wide remit of work and involvement in compliance projects.
- A role with an extremely broad remit – an excellent opportunity to broaden your compliance experience
- A tactical level team, working on high-profile projects across Miller
- Focus upon improving compliance processes, and the profile of compliance
- A well-regarded business team, and a dynamic and collaborative working environment
The role will involve
- Support the advisory role provided by the department by investigating queries and highlighting issues from Business Units and overseas entities, relating to Miller policy and procedures, licencing and issues.
- Contribute to Compliance projects, including working with Operational Teams to facilitate implementation.
- Support Head of Compliance in the management and delivery of the Compliance Plan.
- Assist in the design and delivery of Thematic reviews.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of registers
- Assist with the management of the timetable and preparation of Compliance reports for Compliance Committee meetings.
- Assist in the development of compliance training modules and guides
- Keep abreast of changes to applicable regulatory and legislative requirements, and work with other areas of Compliance to propose appropriate application of these across the business.
- Assist in ensuring the requirements of external legislation and regulations (e.g. FCA, Lloyd’s legislation, Money Laundering/Proceeds of Crime, Data Protection) are embodied in procedures and reflected in best practice and other general business compliance procedures.
- Assist, where required, with preparation of information requests from the FCA and Lloyd’s (and any other relevant regulatory or legislative body).
- Assist, in ensuring Compliance policies and procedures are fully documented and are kept up to date. Manage the regular review of policies with support from subject matter experts.
- Assist in the management of conflicts of interest controls as may be required.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of insurance industry, and the role of the brokerage
- Compliance experience
- Experience in a compliance function within insurance or financial services preferable
- Evidence of managing projects in a timely manner, to deadlines
- Experience in working with large volumes of information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.