An opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Monitoring Assistant to join Miller’s Compliance team.
The Compliance team of 12 individuals covers monitoring activities, advice to business units, board assurance, sanctions screening and counter-party due diligence.
The Compliance Monitoring Assistant will be a key member of this team and will report to and work closely with the Compliance Monitoring Officer, and will be responsible for undertaking regular compliance monitoring activities, support the Compliance Monitoring team in drafting Miller’s compliance monitoring programme, and to conduct compliance thematic or project work as required
The Compliance function sits alongside the Risk and Internal Audit functions to form the Internal Control Framework. Each function reports to its respective Committee, which meet every quarter. Compliance also works closely with the Legal function and interacts with all areas of the business.
The role of the Compliance Monitoring Assistant will involve:
- Contributing to the delivery of Miller’s compliance monitoring plan, and responsibility for ensuring regular compliance monitoring reviews are conducted on time.
- Supporting the Compliance Monitoring Officer in undertaking and coordinating compliance monitoring activities across Miller, its subsidiaries and Appointed Representatives.
- Assessing the quality of first line of defence file reviews by undertaking sample second line of defence file reviews.
- Developing and reviewing management information feeds and dashboards to assess trends in regulatory performance and regulatory risk profiles across Miller.
- Conducting in-depth investigations to identify key issues and root causes.
- Producing regular compliance monitoring reports and dashboards in a timely manner, which provide Senior Management and the Compliance Committee with an understanding of regulatory performance across Miller and the on-going ability of Miller to manage or mitigate existing and developing regulatory risks.
- Recommending actions to Senior Management and the Compliance Committee to address issues identified by compliance monitoring, and track their completion.
- Liaising and working with business units to understand the regulatory risk profiles of their business and activities.
- Keeping abreast of changes to applicable regulatory and legislative requirements, and work with other areas of Compliance to incorporate these into Miller’s compliance monitoring framework.
- Contributing to wider compliance function projects, as necessary.
- Considering and assisting in the identification of compliance monitoring process enhancements.
- Adhering to and meeting fully the expectations of Miller, as set out in its policies and procedures, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls. Our policies and procedures are written to encapsulate the compliance, legal and financial crime related legislation and regulations which apply to Miller.
You should ideally have:
- Proven experience working in a financial services compliance or internal audit role, preferably having held such a role in an insurance broking firm, enabling you to understand and identify the key risks that affect Miller.
- You will have an understanding of the insurance industry, the regulatory environment within which Miller operates and the regulatory requirements it must meet.
- You will be inquisitive in nature, and be able to develop and apply a range of monitoring and investigatory techniques to assess whether or not regulatory expectations are being met.
- You will have good attention to detail and be precise in your work.
- You will also have strong report writing skills and have experience in producing reports using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- You will be able to work well within a team but also be self-driven, organised and self-motivated to deliver planned monitoring activities in a timely manner.