An exciting opportunity has become available to join our broker support team. To provide prompt, accurate and effective account management support directly to clients and client facing teams.
Miller are a specialist (re)insurance broking partnership, with over 100 year history.
We always strive to be the best. That is why we focus on specialist areas where we have built up technical sector knowledge and have become a recognised leader in out chosen fields.
We are headquartered in London, with further offices in Ipswich, Bermuda, Brussels, Paris, Singapore and Switzerland.
To provide prompt, accurate and effective account management support directly to clients and client facing teams.
- Understand the clients’ business and risk management needs and support the delivery of those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Initiate and keep track of impending renewals, gathering renewal information in good time to enable terms to be obtained and firm orders placed
- Liaise with Account Executives / Client facing teams to ensure all relevant information is gathered in the preparation of market documentation (Renewals, Endorsements etc) and that it matches the client/markets requirements
- Develop and produce bespoke wordings for clients as well as developing other wording products as required
- Ensure agreed wording changes are incorporated within contracts as required
- Support the creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
- Prepare accurate and timely production of client documentation (Market Reform Contracts, Evidence of Cover, Policies, slips, wordings clauses etc) in accordance with client and market needs. Provide suggestions as to how cover can be enhanced where appropriate?
- Ensure that market documentation is closed in a timely manner, making particular note of Premium Payment Warranty provisions and contract certainty deadlines, diarising as appropriate
- Liaise with appropriate teams to assist the delivery and processing of insurance placements
- Maintain accurate and concise e-files (FLEX) and workflow using appropriate corporate document management systems, as well as providing updates and progress reports to management when required
- Liaise with compliance to ensure all procedures are followedAccurate and timely input and recording of data in all applicable systems, including processing of premium, submission of documentation for London Market with Xchanging and monitoring of signings where appropriate
- Liaise closely with other teams to ensure PPW's are met
- Perform quality control checks on all documentation (slips and wordings) prior to broking
- Review, monitor and provide resolution to technical questions from clients, markets, credit control, claims and the business unit, to ensure that the client’s best interests are maintained
- Undertake / authorise second pair of eyes checks at relevant stages of the placement process
- Maintenance of slip and contract through quote and placement process using automation or e-platforms as necessary (ie PPL)
- Organise and assist with wordings contracts reviews in conjunction with Specialist and or Client teams
- Facilitate in the creation of Endorsements / MTA where necessary
- Assist with resolution of contractual issues
- Providesupport to tender presentations
- Undertake overseas / electronic marketing of risk where necessary
- Adhere to and meet fully the expectations of Miller, as set out in its policies and procedures, best practise, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls. Our policies and procedures are written to encapsulate the compliance, legal and financial crime related legislation and regulations which apply to Miller.
- Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role at Miller, such as Lloyd’s byelaws and FCA rules.
- Promote Miller brand and values to enhance Miller’s reputation in the market
- Progress through CII qualifications advantageous
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Good analytical ability
- Good PC skills
- Xchanging systems desirable
- Energy processing experience highly preferred
On top of a competitive salary we offer a fantastic benefits package including:
- 10% pension contribution from Miller. In addition, Miller will match any employee contributions up to 5%.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Medicare cash plan
- Minimum of 25 days annual leave (with flexibility to buy or sell)
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Critical Illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area these please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.