The European Property Fac team are looking for a fluent European languages speaker to join them as a placing Broker. The role will work across a diverse portfolio of European business, both Lloyd’s, and non-Lloyd’s.
- Excellent opportunity for a placing broker to accelerate their career in a dynamic and well-performing team
- Excellent professional development and exposure
- Excellent travel opportunities
The role will involve
- Understand the client’s business and risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs
- Assist the Account Handler / Account Executive in the preparation of all market documentation for new and renewal business to present to market
- Negotiate with London and overseas markets to place insurance risks in accordance with the clients needs
- Advise clients on the selection of insurers and solutions available
- Support the creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
- Liaise with other areas of Miller on the handling and production of accounts
- Work closely and maintain relationships with key market contacts as required
- Identify opportunities to work with colleagues across the business to capitalise on cross selling opportunities
- Maintain accurate and concise placing files, using corporate document management system
- Grow existing portfolio by identifying new, and/or existing opportunities and participate in cross selling across Miller (where applicable)
- Knowledge of European languages is essential, including any of the following: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese
- Experience in a placing broker role, working on European Property business
- Broader knowledge in other lines of business desirable
For further information on our initiatives in this area these please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.