Miller’s Group Operations team is looking for an individual with a technical or analytical background to join their team. This role will suit an individual with previous experience in insurance or professional/financial services, who has proven experience in working with data, and demonstrates excellent attention to detail.
The role will work within the BEA team to provide a prompt, accurate and effective compliance service, as well as to promote and develop the compliance culture across the business.
- A fast-paced role within a dynamic and close-knit team
- Working with a wide internal client base across Miller – with interaction with every area of our business
- Work from home and flexible working opportunities
The role will involve
- Undertake and verify due diligence of new clients, MGAs, markets and third parties
- Assess the financial crime and sanctions risks posed by new and existing entities
- Escalate high risk entities for further review and approval by the Compliance Committee
- Produce regular performance reports to the Compliance function and Compliance Committee
- Issue market terms of business agreements to insurers with whom risks are placed
- Verify and setting up entity bank details
- Review changes to market security ratings and issuing updates to business units
- Liaise with business units to discuss entity set up requirements, Lloyd’s coverholder applications, market rating downgrades.
- Adhere to and meet fully the expectations of Miller, as set out in its policies and procedures, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls. Our policies and procedures are written to encapsulate the compliance, legal and financial crime related legislation and regulations which apply to Miller.
- Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role at Miller, such as Lloyd’s byelaws and FCA rules.
- Promote Miller brand and values to enhance Miller’s reputation in the market
- Insurance knowledge is desirable
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical ability
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Excel included)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in working in a data or detail-oriented role
- Experience of working in a deadline based environment
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience in onboarding clients
- Experience of working in a ‘Know Your Customer’ related role is desirable
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.