An opportunity has arisen in Management Services for an Audit Executive to join the Audit Team.
This position will be responsible for providing a professional and effective service for management and the Audit Committee.
The role will involve:
- Undertaking audits of Miller’s control framework, projects or systems under development in line with the Audit Plan; or as requested by management.
- Performing the audits according to the accepted audit principles and policies and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal systems and controls.
- Developing strong client relationships ensuring the smooth delivery of audits whilst preserving the independence of the audit department and liaising with other control functions to perform an effective audit.
- Planning audit work schedules, systems, and procedures to accomplish goals of the Internal Audit Department.
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of controls examined and document the results and evaluations clearly. Assessing the findings with diligence and draft appropriate recommendations for rectifying control weaknesses which address the root causes of the problems.
- Liaising with management to discuss and agree audit results and corrective actions; drafting clearly thought through presentations or reports for communication with management.
- Contributing to the on-going identification, monitoring and management of the risks and controls relevant to the role (including articulation of risk appetite) and for reporting and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Performing follow up work to verify and ensure that recommendations raised have been implemented.
- Contributing towards preparing the Audit Pack for presentation to the Audit Committee.
You should be qualified or part qualified, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
Experience of working in insurance would be desirable.