Our Analytics team provide valuable insight and analysis to our business and to our clients. We are looking for an Actuary with previous pricing experience to join an incredibly commercial and stakeholder-facing team.
- Working across a wide variety of specialist insurance and reinsurance classes, including Marine, Facultative Reinsurance for Property, Accident and Health, and Captives.
- Employing actuarial techniques in a dynamic and commercial environment, involving significant client interaction.
- An entrepreneurial team, with involvement in a range of projects and initiatives.
- Process, analyse and interpret data from various sources to present analyses and reports internally and externally
- Carry out investigations of the appropriateness and sensitivity of modelling assumptions, maintaining Miller’s commercial position where this does not conflict with relevant professional standards
- Introduce new actuarial techniques where applicable
- Maintain robust documentation, data cleansing, data manipulation and peer review practices to ensure accuracy and relevance of model outputs and assumptions, clearly explaining any limitations of outputs
- Communicate modelling process and results with internal and external stakeholders, both verbally and through formal reports/presentations, to a very high standard
- Build trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Promote the individual and the wider Analytics team, and identify new areas around the business where the Analytics team can add value
- Ensure high standards of accuracy in work, ensuring all work is appropriately peer-reviewed and manage competing priorities to deliver work in a timely fashion
- General insurance actuarial pricing experience – Lloyd’s pricing experience is desirable
- Experience in a client or stakeholder facing role – including presentations and/or negotiations
- An effective communicator
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- @Risk experience is desirable, but not essential
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.