Join Miller’s Cardiff team in a permanent role as an Account Handler specialising in Surety Bonds.
This role will offer immediate responsibility to contribute to client service solutions, and the support to develop your knowledge of Surety through on-the-job training. You will develop your expertise of your specialist area whilst undertaking your Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) examinations.
You will learn how we understand and meet our clients' surety requirements, the regulatory requirements of our industry, and how complex surety is structured and placed. You will have responsibility for ensuring that technical documentation is accurate and complete, and will work with a wider team of accounts handlers, brokers, and other colleagues across Miller to enable fantastic service to be consistently delivered to our clients.
• Understand the clients’ business and surety needs and support the delivery of those needs through the provision of ongoing service
• Support the creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
Accurate work, delivered on time
• Keep track of impending renewals, gathering renewal information in good time to enable terms to be obtained and firm orders placed
• Preparation of market documentation in accordance with clients and market needs
• Accurate and timely production of client documentation (such as Evidence of Cover and Bonds etc)
• Ensure that market documentation is closed in a timely manner, making particular note of Premium Payment Warranty provisions and contract certainty deadlines and diarising as appropriate
• Maintain accurate and concise placing files, using corporate document management system
• Accurate and timely input of data in all applicable systems
• Perform quality control checks on all documentation
Collaboration and effective team work
• Liaise with technical teams to assist the delivery and processing of surety placements
• Liaise with compliance to ensure all procedures are followed
• Grow Miller's portfolio by identifying new and/or existing opportunities
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• UCAS score of 96 under the new UCAS tariff system (post-September 2017) or 240 under the old UCAS tariff systems (pre-September 2017)
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C / 4 or above (or equivalent)
• Experience in demonstrating excellent attention to detail
• Experience in a client or customer facing capacity, and of delivering excellent service with strong written and verbal communication
• Able to pay close attention to detail
• Initiative, drive and enthusiasm to succeed
• Willingness to go the extra mile
• Results and service driven
• A team player
• Excellent knowledge of common IT systems, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel - and able to grasp new systems quickly
• Flexible and adaptable
• Organised and clear thinking
• Hard working and committed
HOW TO APPLYClick Apply and complete the form, attaching your CV to apply. We are looking forward to hearing about why you’re interested in this role at Miller, and what you can bring to our business.
If you have any questions or requirements, please email Miller’s HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sally Hinchey, Head of Surety sally.hinchey@Miller-insurance.com