We are looking for an experienced Account Handler/Broker to join our Financial Institutions (FI) Directors and Officers Liability (D&O) team.
This role will suit an individual with FI D&O expertise (Retail experience highly desirable), and is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and play a key role in business growth for this team.
- Joining a successful business area, with a diverse and growing international FI portfolio
- A collaborative and flexible team, affording real autonomy
- Joining Miller at an exciting moment in our history, and in a team with excellent scope for further growth
- Opportunities to work from home
- Understand the clients’ business and risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Keep track of impending renewals, gathering renewal information in good time to enable terms to be obtained and firm orders placed
- Preparation of market documentation in accordance with clients and market needs
- Negotiate with London and overseas markets to place insurance risks in accordance with the clients needs, as required
- Advise clients on the selection of insurers and solutions available, as appropriate
- Work closely and maintain relationships with key market contacts, as required
- Support the creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
- Accurate and timely production of client documentation (Market Reform Contracts, Evidence of Cover, Policies etc)
- Ensure that market documentation is closed in a timely manner, making particular note of Premium Payment Warranty provisions and contract certainty deadlines and diarising as appropriate
- Liaise with technical teams to assist the delivery and processing of insurance placements
- Maintain accurate and concise placing files, using the corporate document management system
- Liaise with compliance to ensure all procedures are followed
- Ensure accurate and timely input of data in all applicable systems
- Grow existing portfolio by identifying new, and/or existing opportunities and participate in cross selling across Miller (where applicable)
- Perform quality control checks on all documentation
- ACII qualification (or progress towards) desirable
- Excellent knowledge of Directors and Officers and Financial Institutions liability business
- Excellent knowledge of relevant markets
- Experience in broking Financial Institutions Directors and Officers business, with an excellent technical understanding
- Retail experience desirable
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area, please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.