Our Marine & Energy team is looking for someone who can provide prompt, accurate and effective account management support directly to clients and business unit.
- Supporting the Direct Marine new business team;
- a. Handling new enquiries from brokers and clients to corroborate the full information risk to be presented to markets.
- b. Marketing of risks including negotiations with underwriters globally.
- c. KYC sign up of new clients and markets and continued handling of clients requirements throughout the placement phase and beyond into the policy period.
- d. View to join the new business team in travel to support the global client base.
- Understand the clients’ business and risk management needs and support the delivery of those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Keep track of impending renewals, gathering renewal information in good time to enable terms to be obtained and firm orders placed
- Preparation of market documentation in accordance with clients and market needs
- Support the creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
- Accurate and timely production of client documentation (Market Reform Contracts, Evidence of Cover, Policies etc)
- Ensure that market documentation is closed in a timely manner, making particular note of Premium Payment Warranty provisions and contract certainty deadlines and diarising as appropriate
- Liaise with technical teams to assist the delivery and processing of insurance placements
- Maintain accurate and concise placing files, using corporate document management system
- Liaise with compliance to ensure all procedures are followed
- Accurate and timely input of data in all applicable systems
- Perform quality control checks on all documentation
- Grow existing portfolio by identifying new, and/or existing opportunities and participate in cross selling across Miller (where applicable)
- Adhere to and meet fully the expectations of Miller, as set out in its policies and procedures, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls. Our policies and procedures are written to encapsulate the compliance, legal and financial crime related legislation and regulations which apply to Miller.
- Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role at Miller, such as Lloyd’s byelaws and FCA rules.
- Promote Miller brand and values to enhance Miller’s reputation in the market
- Delivers routine work in line with agreed standards, with some autonomy.
- Maintains and provides accurate information, using relevant systems and business processes.
- Pays attention to detail in own work and may review the work of others in the team.
- Improves own work in response to feedback.
- Identifies ways to improve the efficiency of own and team processes.
- Plans and prioritises routine work, managing unexpected events and interruptions to deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Agrees priorities with others where there are competing demands.
- Contributes to short term plans (0-12 months).
- Communicates progress and, where appropriate, plan revisions.
- Contributes to process improvements for the team and may suggest areas for improvements.
- Supports team projects as required with some discrete responsibilities.
- Resolves most routine problems, in line with policies and procedures, typically with autonomy.
- Seeks to resolve unfamiliar problems before escalating.
- Anticipates some common problems impacting the team and takes preventative measures.
- Gathers relevant information before making a decision.
- Provides information for others, checking accuracy.
- Considers impact of decisions for the team.
- Helps others to resolve common problems.
- Gathers information relevant for the communication’s purpose and audiences.
- Considers needs and preferences of audiences, adapting communication content and channel accordingly.
- Writes accurately, clearly and concisely (using plain language, correct spelling and grammar).
- Provides clients with a prompt service and accurate, up to date information.
- Evaluates information provided by clients to identify and suggest products which best meet the clients’ needs.
- Works on accounts with limited complexity with a moderate level of guidance, escalating as needed.
- Works with plans and resources managed by others.
- Understands Miller’s products and services, the clients’ core business, and relevant markets.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- CII qualifications desirable
- Knowledge of the Lloyd's and London insurance markets
- Knowledge of insurance broking
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft package, and particularly Excel
- Knowledge of Marine Hull desirable
- Experience within insurance market, preferably with Lloyd's market experience
- Experience in a technical insurance role, such as account handling, processing or underwriting
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.