We have a fantastic opportunity for an account executive to join our property team. The focus of the role will be the growth and retention of existing accounts, new business development and placement of risks.
Miller are a specialist (re)insurance broking partnership, with over 100 year history.
We always strive to be the best. That is why we focus on specialist areas where we have built up technical sector knowledge and have become a recognised leader in out chosen fields.
We are headquartered in London, with further offices in Ipswich, Bermuda, Brussels, Paris, Singapore and Switzerland.
The Property & Casualty business unit works not only across Miller but also out of our Paris, Brussels and Singapore offices. Our Retail team provides complementary cross selling support to other business units in Miller and our heavy industry expertise and Casualty teams capabilities support several initiatives. Our Cedant Facultative Reinsurance team can assist in the placement of original risks especially where critical cat or other capacity restricted cover is required and work with our DAPR team to secure reinsurance to support one of the largest accounts in Miller.
- Grow existing portfolio by identifying new, and/or existing opportunities and participate in cross selling across Miller
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of prospects including research, initiation of contact and new business presentations in order to obtain new business
- Provide technical, industry and subject matter expertise to provide support, service and advice to clients
- Determine appropriate solutions, structure, price and placement strategies that meet the clients’ needs and deliver profitable business for a range of clients
- Assist in setting budgets for portfolio of accounts and fulfilling agreed budgets
- Ensure all relevant information is gathered in the preparation of annual renewals and endorsements on key accounts
- Understand the clients’ business and risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Work closely and maintain relationships with key market and client contacts
- Liaise with others to ensure compliant processing of contracts as per FCA and contract certainty requirements
- Check policies, market presentations and client documentation
- Broke, or liaise with placing brokers to achieve agreement of markets where required and maintain diary/pending system to monitor progress
- Creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
- Maintain accurate and concise placing files, using corporate document management system
- Perform quality control checks on all documentation
- Overall responsibility for compliance procedures for total individual client base
CII qualifications desirable
- Knowledge of Lloyd's, London market and international market broking
- Knowledge of Facultative Reinsurance market
- Knowledge of the broking process
- Experience within Lloyd's and London insurance markets
- Experience within Property or Facultative Reinsurance
- Experience within an account handling or broking role
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
On top of a competitive salary we offer a fantastic benefits package including:
- 10% pension contribution from Miller. In addition, Miller will match any employee contributions up to 5%.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Medicare cash plan
- Minimum of 25 days annual leave (with flexibility to buy or sell)
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Critical Illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area these please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.