Miller's UK Professional Indemnity team is looking for an experienced individual to join the team in an account and client management role, at an exciting time of growth in our history.
- Joining Miller at an exciting moment in our history
- An autonomous role, responsible for placing a variety of complex risks for large accounts
- Grow existing portfolio by identifying new, and/or existing opportunities and participate in cross selling across Miller
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of prospects including research, initiation of contact and new business presentations in order to obtain new business
- Provide technical, industry and subject matter expertise to provide support, service and advice to clients
- Determine appropriate solutions, structure, price and placement strategies that meet the clients’ needs and deliver profitable business for a range of clients
- Assist in setting budgets for portfolio of accounts and fulfilling agreed budgets
- Ensure all relevant information is gathered in the preparation of annual renewals and endorsements on key accounts
- Understand the clients’ business and risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Work closely and maintain relationships with key market and client contacts
- Liaise with others to ensure compliant processing of contracts as per FCA and contract certainty requirements
- Check policies, market presentations and client documentation
- Broke, or liaise with placing brokers to achieve agreement of markets where required and maintain diary/pending system to monitor progress
- Creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
- Maintain accurate and concise placing files, using corporate document management system
- Perform quality control checks on all documentation
- Overall responsibility for compliance procedures for total individual client base
- Responsible for leading, managing, motivating and developing the skills, competencies and knowledge of direct reports
- Adhere to and meet fully the expectations of Miller, as set out in its policies and procedures, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls. Our policies and procedures are written to encapsulate the compliance, legal and financial crime related legislation and regulations which apply to Miller.
- Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role at Miller, such as Lloyd’s byelaws and FCA rules.
- Promote Miller brand and values to enhance Miller’s reputation in the market
- ACII qualification (or progress towards) desirable
- Significant knowledge and technical understanding of Professional Indemnity insurance
- Excellent technical knowledge of UK Professional Indemnity business, including lawyers, construction and/or insurance
- Significant experience of handling broking within UK Professional Risks, including managing large accounts throughout the full broking process
- Significant experience in handling and managing documentation
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.