The International Professional Risks team are looking for an experienced D&O or FI Broker, with excellent technical and market knowledge to join, with a focus on new business production. This role offers an opportunity to join a growing team in a growing and independent business, with excellent autonomy and responsibility.
• Grow existing portfolio by identifying new, and/or existing opportunities and participate in cross selling across Miller
• Develop and maintain a portfolio of prospects including research, initiation of contact and new business presentations in order to obtain new business
• Provide technical, industry and subject matter expertise to provide support, service and advice to clients
• Determine appropriate solutions, structure, price and placement strategies that meet the clients’ needs and deliver profitable business for a range of clients
• Assist in setting budgets for portfolio of accounts and fulfilling agreed budgets
• Ensure all relevant information is gathered in the preparation of annual renewals and endorsements on key accounts
• Understand the clients’ business and risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service
• Work closely and maintain relationships with key market and client contacts
• Liaise with others to ensure compliant processing of contracts as per FCA and contract certainty requirements
• Check policies, market presentations and client documentation
• Broke, or liaise with placing brokers to achieve agreement of markets where required and maintain diary/pending system to monitor progress
• Creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
• Maintain accurate and concise placing files, using corporate document management system
• Perform quality control checks on all documentation
• Overall responsibility for compliance procedures for total individual client base
• ACII qualification (or progress towards) desirable
• Significant knowledge of broking D&O or FI business, and relevant markets
• Excellent technical knowledge of said risks, and the relevant account handling responsibilities
• Significant experience of handling and broking large/complex risks within Commercial D&O or FI, including managing large accounts throughout the full broking process
• Experience in handling, managing and technical documentation, and experienced in explaining/communicating elements of technical documentation to stakeholders
• Experience of developing new business opportunities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and stakeholder management
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.