We are looking to recruit an experienced Account Executive in the Property and Casualty division of Specialty, based in Brussels.
This position will be responsible for the growth and retention of existing accounts, new business development and placement of risks.
The role will involve:
- Growing existing portfolio by identifying new, and/or existing opportunities and participating in cross selling across Miller
- Developing and maintaining a portfolio of prospects including research, initiation of contact and new business presentations in order to obtain new business
- Providing technical, industry and subject matter expertise to provide support, service and advice to clients
- Determining appropriate solutions, structure, price and placement strategies that meet the clients’ needs and deliver profitable business for a range of clients
- Assisting in setting and achieving budgets for portfolio of accounts and fulfilling agreed budgets
- Understanding the clients’ business and risk management needs and looking for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Ensuring all relevant information is gathered in the preparation of annual renewals and endorsements on key accounts
- Liaising with others to ensure compliant processing of contracts as per FCA and contract certainty requirements
- Checking policies, market presentations and client documentation
- Broking, or liaising with placing brokers to achieve agreement of markets where required and maintaining diary/pending system to monitor progress
- Working closely and maintaining relationships with key market and client contacts
- Creating presentations for both new and existing clients
- Overall responsibility for compliance procedures for total individual client base
- Maintaining accurate and concise placing files, using corporate document management system
- Performing quality control checks on all documentation
- Must be fluent in English, French and/or Dutch. Another European language is a plus (German preferable).
- Must meet the PRD knowledge or qualification requirements (MLK)
- Will have Extensive knowledge of property classes of business (insurance and reinsurance) and capacity to work and evolve on other lines of business
- Will have considerable experience working in an insurance account management/production role in the Property class of business.
- Will have International (especially European) experience is a plus together with a strong knowledge of the Brussels insurance market.
- Will have Entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to work independently is essential.