Our European Facultative team is looking for a senior broker to join a highly successful and growing team, in a newly created role. We are particularly interested to hear from fluent German, French or Italian speakers.
We are looking for a personable, motivated and experienced broker with a wealth of knowledge of placing heavy industrial property. The successful candidate will be an expert responsible for managing placements within the team, with significant European travel. They will be experienced in carefully structuring reinsurance programmes within the London market and in Europe.
- A fast-growing business unit, joining a close-knit and successful team
- A senior broking role, with significant autonomy and responsibility
- Travel opportunities
The role will involve
- Growing existing portfolio by identifying new, and/or existing opportunities and participate in cross selling across Miller
- Developing and maintaining a portfolio of prospects including research, initiation of contact and new business presentations in order to obtain new business
- Providing technical, industry and subject matter expertise to provide support, service and advice to clients
- Determining appropriate solutions, structure, price and placement strategies that meet the clients’ needs and deliver profitable business for a range of clients
- Assisting in setting budgets for portfolio of accounts and fulfilling agreed budgets
- Ensuring all relevant information is gathered in the preparation of annual renewals and endorsements on key accounts
- Understanding the clients’ business and risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Working closely and maintain relationships with key market and client contacts
- Liaising with others to ensure compliant processing of contracts as per FCA and contract certainty requirements
- Checking policies, market presentations and client documentation
- Broking, or liaise with placing brokers to achieve agreement of markets where required and maintain diary/pending system to monitor progress
- Creating presentations for both new and existing clients
- ACII desirable
- Fluency in French, German or Italian highly desirable.
- Significant experience in facultative reinsurance broking
- Proven track record in building strong relationships with clients
- Experience in placing complex industrial property business
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
For further information on our initiatives in this area these please click here.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with your recruiter or our HR team.